It's that time of year again where we get to celebrate our wonderful staff. Each year we participate in the Celebrate Excellence event where we ask for nominations for our outstanding educators.
The Hamilton County Education Foundation will recognize “Educators of the Year” from nearly every public school district in the Cincinnati area. Each individual school district submits their own top educator (including teachers, counselors, administrators, psychologists, etc.) to be honored at the 2020 Celebrate Excellence breakfast. This event brings together K-12 education, university, business and civic leaders to pay tribute to this impressive group of educators.
Characteristics of an excellent educator might include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates a high commitment toward student achievement
- Has the ability to challenge students to the next level
- Is seen by others as genuine and sincere
- Makes a positive difference in the classroom, school, and community
- Demonstrates empathy for everyone
- Strives to improve personally and professionally, and encourages students to as well
You can submit a hard copy by completing and printing a form HERE. Copies of the form will also be available at all district buildings (Amity, Jr./Sr. High School, and Holmes Building).
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to Jennie Cunningham at the Board Office at 8688 Donna Lane by Friday, March 6, 2020.