We have been closely monitoring student/staff absences and clinic visits due to illness over the past few days. Unfortunately, these numbers are rising each day.
Although our goal is to protect as much instructional time as possible, we also need to do everything we can to ensure our students and staff are healthy and in the best environment to foster learning. After closely looking at the percentage of our students and staff absences related to the cold/flu, Deer Park Schools has decided to close on Thursday, February 27 and Friday, February 28 to allow the custodial staff adequate time to completely disinfect and sanitize the buildings while also allowing everyone time to rest and get well.
Some after school activities will be permitted. Please contact your coach or activity advisor to find out if individual activities have been cancelled or will remain as scheduled.
During the off days, the custodial staff will work to fully prepare the building for re-entry on Monday, March 2. We appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation.
- All Scarlet Oaks Vocational School students will have school as scheduled. Transportation will be provided as a usual day.
- The UC Health Mobile Mammography Van has been canceled, as well. We will provide more information on the rescheduling of the event as it become available.
- With the cancelation of school on Thursday and Friday, the parent meeting for the London, France and Spain Trip will be held Tuesday, March 3 at 6 p.m. in room 252. Contact Jen Taylor at email@example.com for more information.
- HeadStart Preschool at the Holmes Building will be canceled, as well.
- We'll be selling tickets for the boys' basketball game out of the Holmes Building from 8 a.m. - noon on Thursday for $6. Tickets cost $7 at the gate on Friday night.
- The free grocery pickup at Holmes will still operate as scheduled, beginning at 4:45 p.m.
- The Amity Talent Show has been canceled for Thursday night. Reschedule date TBD.
- The High School Choir concert has been changed to March 9 at 7 p.m. The High School band concert remains as scheduled for Tuesday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. Both will take place at Crawford Auditorium.