Deer Park Families:
Based on our extended three-week closure, we wanted to share out several pieces of information regarding student logistics over the coming weeks. Below you will find information about how students can receive and complete work, when they can pick up materials, and information about medications. We will continue to provide answers to additional questions as they become available.
Student Assignments and Work
- Individual students may be contacted by his/her teacher(s) today (March 13) or Monday (March 16) to complete tests or other missing assignments for the 3rd quarter.
- Grades K-6: Teachers are currently building lessons/work for students to complete over the extended break. This work can be picked up from Amity Elementary on Tuesday, March 17 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. A family member or friend can be designated to pick up the work if you are unable to do so. If you are still unable to arrange pickup for Tuesday, please contact the Amity front office to make alternate pickup plans.
- Grades 7-12: Most student assignments will be posted online through Schoology. Some teachers may plan on providing certain hard copy assignments. If this is the case, students will be notified via email or Schoology from that teacher. Those assignments can be picked up on Tuesday, March 17 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Jr./Sr. High School.
- ALL assignments are required to be completed by students. Students' school attendance during the extended break will be based on assignment completion. All hard copy work will be collected once students return to school.
Student Materials and Supplies
- Students may pick up personal belongings and any other necessary items from their lockers any time between 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday (March 13), Monday (March 16), or Tuesday (March 17).
- Students WILL NOT be permitted to hang out in the building or stay for an extended period of time. Students will be permitted to gather their belongings and then they must exit the building.
- All students who need medications from school over the extended break must have a parent/guardian pick up their medication between 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday (March 13), Monday (March 16), or Tuesday (March 17).
We are anticipating offering breakfast and lunch to students in need over the course of the entire extended break. These logistics are currently being developed and will be shared in more detail this afternoon.
We thank you for your continued patience and flexibility as we work to provide the best opportunities for our students throughout this difficult time. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your child's building office.