We will be allowing students, accompanied by an adult, to come to Amity to pick up anything that was left in March, and also drop off school materials. Items that need to be returned to Amity include Chromebooks & chargers, library books, textbooks, and any items lent out by homeroom teachers. Homerooms teachers will be communicating classroom specific items that need returned.
Student pick up/drop off will occur on the following dates/times:
- Monday, May 18th- 8:00-2:30
- Tuesday, May 19th- 12:30-7:00
- Thursday, May 21st- 8:00-2:30
We will be permitting a maximum of 10 students (students must have a parent present) in the building at a time. In order to ensure proper spacing of students/parents, we are asking parents to sign up using the Sign-Up Genius link here:
The front entrance of Amity will be open for parents and students to enter.
- Chromebook return will be in the gym.
- Library book return will be outside the library.
- Homeroom teachers have written instructions on their doors or classroom whiteboards regarding where student materials are located to be picked up or where classroom materials need to be dropped off. Teachers have helped by putting materials from student desks into bags with their names on them to help speed the process for families. Teachers have also removed academic materials (textbooks, novels, etc.) that belong to Amity.
***Teachers will not be in the building during the drop off/pick up time, as they will be completing online professional development in preparation for next year.***
We are asking that any students and parents who have been exposed to Coronavirus OR have a fever NOT enter our building. Please contact Mr Drouhard, email@example.com, to make separate arrangements that will ensure the safety of all.
All staff members present will have a mask and gloves as needed. We will continue to enforce a social distancing policy as well, so some students may need to wait for locker access if another student is nearby.
Medication Pick Up
Leslie Karle, our school nurse, will be reaching out to parents regarding organizing a time to come and pick up medication on our pick-up/drop off days. She can also be reached at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The band room and band lockers will be unlocked for 6th graders to retrieve their instruments.
The 2019-2020 yearbooks will be distributed in the fall to all students that purchased them. Yearbooks for 6th grade students will be sent to the Junior High.
6th Grade T-Shirts:
The PTO has graciously purchased 6th-grade t-shirts for the entire class! These shirts will be distributed by Diane Dailey in the front office during pick up/drop off days. If this is the only thing that needs to be picked up, there is no need to sign up on the signup genius.
Materials Not Picked Up:
We will hold onto clothes and place them in the lost and found to start next year. All paper materials will be recycled. School materials such as crayons, colored pencils, scissors, etc will be repurposed for next year.