Dear Deer Park Families -
On Monday evening, the Deer Park Board of Education officially approved a plan to extend the hybrid model past the originally scheduled first two weeks of school. The extension will not have a set amount of time, in an effort to allow district administrators to reassess the hybrid model weekly and move back to 5-day in-person weeks should circumstances change. You can view the full board meeting by clicking the link below:
- The hybrid ("A" day and "B" day) model will be in effect for students in grades 1-12. Kindergarten students will operate on a 5-day week, half-day schedule. AM and PM kindergarten lists will be separated by the "A" and "B" model as well, with last names determining AM or PM placement.
- All teacher assignments and student schedules will be made available as soon as possible. We will communicate the assignments and schedules through Schoology.
- Our current plan consists of a hybrid model for school for grades 1-12 (beginning Monday, August 24th) with an "A" group attending on Monday and Tuesday and a "B" group attending on Thursday and Friday.
- The "A" Group will consist of students with the last names Abney - Langdon. These students will attend school on 8/24, 8/25, 8/31, and 9/1.
- The "B" Group will consist of students with the last names Lange - Young. These students will attend school on 8/27, 8/28, 9/3, and 9/4.
- Following the first two weeks of school, students attending "A" days will attend school in-person on Monday and Tuesday, and be expected to complete work from home on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Students attending "B" days will attend school in-person on Thursday and Friday, and be expected to complete work from home on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Wednesdays will be used as remote learning days, and we will have expectations for teachers to connect virtually with students to hold discussions and review lessons, while the buildings are deep cleaned in an effort to mitigate cross-contamination.
In the coming days, we will release a full description of the plan including protocols and details regarding day-to-day operations, as well as an updated district calendar. We know that time is of the essence and we want to give you as much time to prepare as we possibly can.
We will also be extending the School Choice option on FinalForms through the end of the day on Friday, August 14. Families who have already made a choice will be able to change their choice, as well. The form only needs to be adjusted if a change is being made or if a choice has not yet been selected.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your child's school office and we will do our best to answer all of your questions as quickly as possible.
Deer Park Schools