Monday - Friday, 2:15-6:30 PM
All home competitions
About Elizabeth Ellison:
I graduated from Wright State University with a Bachelor’s of Science in athletic training. During my time at Wright State I worked with several sports teams including basketball, softball, baseball, football, swim and dive. My internship was with Wellington Orthopedic and Sports Medicine. During my internship, I also helped Turpin High School during the fall athletic season with soccer, football, cross country, and volleyball.
My hours at Deer Park High School are Monday-Friday 2:15-6:30 PM. However, I will be at all home sports competitions. I work under the supervision of a physician and assist through the entire injury process of all orthopedic injuries. I am here to assist in the referral process if seeing a physician is needed. I provide rehabilitation programs for athletes which help them get back on the field and prevent injuries from occurring.
The athletic trainer will provide a comprehensive array of services to promote and ensure the safety of Deer Park School's student athletes, including:
- Managing and overseeing the athletic training room
- Advising the school on the supplies and training equipment needed for the athletic training program
- Assisting faculty and athletic coaching staff in the design and implementation of a student athletic training program and continuing education program and other related health and wellness programs as needed by the school, including providing speakers to address relevant topics for career days, etc.
- Providing strength, conditioning and flexibility training suggestions and programs to the coaching staff through the advice of a certified strength and conditioning specialist and with the consent of the Team Physician
- Monitoring athletic injuries and developing injury prevention training and programs with the advice and consent of the Team Physician
- Coordinating and providing injury follow-up and evaluation with the physicians of Mercy Health
- Providing and arranging all coverage for a wide array of sports, including soccer, volleyball and basketball games, tournaments, events and practices, throughout the school year
- Providing all pre-season sports physicals
- Providing priority appointments for injured athletes
- Providing Saturday walk-in clinics through the Fall sports season
- Providing Sportsmetrics(tm), an ACL injury prevention program