CINCINNATI, Ohio -- A recent financial audit of Deer Park Community City Schools by the Auditor of State’s Office has returned a clean audit report for Fiscal Year 2018. Deer Park Community City Schools’ excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award.
“The District is committed to ensuring fiscal responsibility and the Auditor of State Award is proof that the Treasurer's office at Deer Park Community City School District is continuing to keep that promise to the community. A thank you to all the staff that made this prestigious award possible.” – Melissa Harner, Treasurer
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity's management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.