Is Your 4th or 5th Grade Daughter Interested in the Girls on the Run Team?
*Registration begins January 23*
Self-esteem fitness program designed for pre-teen girls to:
- Discover the benefits of consistent physical exercise and good nutrition
- Learn the advantages of positive peer support
- Learn to stand up for herself in a healthy manner
- Improve her body image and strengthen her sense of identity
- Prepare to participate in a 5k run/walk event
What is the commitment? When does the team meet?
- Girls meet with their volunteer coaching team twice per week. The program will start the week of February 13 and run through May 13. On May 13, all girls from every area GOTR team come together for the GOTR 5k at Paul Brown Stadium.
- Each lesson combines running with character development topics. Therfgirls MUST be able to commit for BOTH days per week for the entire season.
- We have a limited number of spots on each team, so please only sign your daughter up if she can make this commitment.
- The cost is offered on a sliding scale fee from $10 - $160 based on the income of the family. This fee includes 24 uplifting lessons, new running shoes (specially fitted by Bob Roncker's staff), GOTR t-shirt, healthy snacks after every lesson, water bottle, 5k race registration, race t-shirt, end of the season party, finisher's medal and more.
- Meeting location: Amity Elementary
- Grades: 4th & 5th
- Days: Tuesdays AND Thursdays
- Times: 3:20-4:35 PM
- First Practice Date: Tuesday, February 14
- Head Coach Name & Contact Info: PAULA DENNIS (email@example.com or 513.375.4719)
- Due to the nature of the Girls on the Run program, we can only accept 15 girls on each team.
- Registration opens January 23 at 9 AM through February 1 at 11:59 PM. If more than 15 girls register, we will conduct a random lottery.
- If interested, you will need to visit: www.gotrcincinnati.org and click on “Register Now”