Deer Park Transportation Department
***NOTICE: The Scarlet Oaks bus will depart from the back of Deer Park Jr./Sr. HS beginning on August 15, 2018.***
The Transportation Department determines routes, bus stops, assigns drivers for classroom and/or athletic field trips and plans for inclement weather. One Supervisor and three Regular drivers transport approximately 15 specialized students, 105 public school students on the shuttle bus from Howard to Holmes and Scarlet Oaks students, for a total of 120 students, in four school buses every day of the school year. To contact the transportation Department, call the office at 936-4677 or email Mary Keller, Transportation Manager.
Special Needs Children: Deer Park Transportation provides services for approximately 15 special needs children. Parents must notify the Transportation Office if their child will not be riding the bus that day. Parents can call the office number to report a child not riding at any time.
Field Trips: Contact Mary Keller, Transportation Director for information concerning field trip times, available dates and cost. All approved paperwork should be completed and received by Transportation 15 days in advance of the trip.
Inclement Weather: Although we are a walking district, there are times when school and/ or extracurricular transportation may be affected. For this information, please check any of the following sources:
Shuttle Bus Information 2018-19
The shuttle bus travels between Amity Elementary, the Holmes Buliding and the Howard Building. If interested, please fill out a Shuttle Application or call the transportation office for more details.
- SHUTTLE FORM (click to print)
School Bus Rules
- Observe the same conduct as in the classroom.
- Be courteous, do not use profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not be destructive.
- Stay in your seat.
- Keep head, hands, feet, and belongings inside the bus.
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Do not shout out the windows of the bus.
- Teachers and coaches are to assist the driver with discipline when necessary.
- No flash pictures while the bus is in motion.
- These rules are for everybody.
Listed below are some web sites that you may like to visit for information regarding school buses.
Mary Keller, Transportation Director
Deer Park Community City Schools