Deer Park PTO
Welcome! For those of you who are unfamiliar, PTO, is a Parent-Teacher Organization and made up of volunteers, who include parents, teachers, administrators and community members. We work together to support and enrich Deer Park students in home, school and community. We support school needs through volunteers and fundraising that are not otherwise provided for in the school budget. The PTO uses its resources, both manpower and monetary, to support efforts of our school.
We are looking forward to meeting people who want to get involved in the PTO this school year. We encourage you to not only to be a member, but get involved as well! Everything we do is based on volunteers and we are always looking for those of you to help make a difference. Here are just a few ways we were able to support the Deer Park Students last year:
- Sponsor the Sixth Grade Social and purchase T-shirts for all the 6th Grade Students
- Fund COSI for all Amity and Holmes Students, fund the 4th grade trip to Parky’s Farm, subsidize the 3rd grade field trip to the Aquarium and provide scholarships for Camp Kern
- Provide scholarships for graduating Seniors and make a Freshman Class donation
- Sponsor family events like Skating Parties at Castle Skateland and Family Nights Out
- Host the annual Holiday Shop and Mother’s Day Flower Sale for Amity and Holmes students
- Provide refreshments for the Graduation reception for High School and 8th Grade
- Support Teacher appreciation events during Teacher Appreciation Week and so much more…
PTO meetings are held the second Wednesday of every other month, starting in September, at 7:00p at the Howard Building. Attending meetings is a wonderful way to find out what is happening in our schools, get updates from the school principals and teachers, discuss events, plan fundraisers to enhance all programs, and share ideas. These are very interactive, discussion based meetings. In the PTO meetings you have a voice!
We believe it’s important to do everything we can to enhance the learning environment of our children as they truly are our future. It will take all of us working together to make this happen! We look forward to getting to know you!
The PTO Board
Michelle Pennington, Janna Rainey, Regina Tassell and Melanie Schramm