From the Desk of Mr. Drouhard
Dear Amity Families,
Our Amity Weekly Minute this week will be shorter than most, but don’t worry, the information will be flowing once we get students back into the building. For our families new to Amity Elementary, our Amity Weekly Minute acts as our building newsletter. You will see it arrive in your inbox on Sunday afternoon with information about upcoming events, pictures of our students in action, and articles about what happened the previous week. We are always striving to keep our families informed and connected!
If you missed our Welcome Back release on Thursday, August 5th, below you will find a link that will take you to that information. This release shared many of the details necessary to help get the year started.
Please tell your children that we are excited to welcome them back and to enjoy their last week of summer vacation!
Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year!
Last Thursday, Mr. Drouhard released a welcome letter featuring many of the key details you'll want to know before the start of the school year. This included Kindergarten info, school times, arrival/dismissal procedures, and much more! Click the link below to read the complete release:
Sandy's Closet Clothing Room Now Open
Sandy's Closet clothing room will now be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. beginning August 9, 2021. If an evening appointment is needed please contact Patty Hadden.
We are extremely appreciative of donations of youth clothing for Sandy's Closet. The closet is only able to accept clothing for infants to adolescence. Please do not drop off adult clothing, high heel shoes, toys, baby furniture, or formal dresses.
Please mark these important dates on your calendar:
- Back to School Bash: Friday, August 13th | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Amity Meet and Greet: Monday, August 16 | 4-6 p.m.
- 1st Day of School: Tuesday, August 17, 7:30 a.m. (Breakfast), 7:45 a.m. (No Breakfast), 8 a.m.-3:05 p.m. (School Day)
- Curriculum Night (K-3): Wednesday, September 8th, 5 p.m. (Pre-School & Kindergarten), 5:30 PM (1st Grade), 6 PM (2nd Grade), 6:30 p.m. (3rd Grade)
- Curriculum Night (4-6): Thursday, September 9th, 5 p.m. (4th Grade), 5:30 p.m. (5th Grade), 6 p.m. (6th Grade)
- Fall Pictures: Wednesday, September 22nd
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Amity Elementary School.
- Newsletter: All parents who have completed FinalForms should receive Amity Weekly Newsletters. If you are not currently receiving them, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to https://www.deerparkcityschools.org/ and click on the button on the bottom of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Schools for the most up-to-date news and happenings at @DeerParkSchools or @DeerParkAmity
- Facebook: Follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools.
Inspiring & Empowering Lifelong Success