Welcome to Deer Park Schools! In order to become an active employee and complete the hiring process, the following documents/items are required and must be completed and submitted in a timely manner.
All employees must have an active BCI/FBI background check. If you have a copy of your BCI and/or FBI that is within the past 12 months of your date of hire, bring them to the Board of Education Office. If you do not have a current background check, please schedule fingerprinting with Jennie Cunningham or Betty Hollander at the Board of Education Office- 8688 Donna Ln, Deer Park, OH 45236 *Bring Driver’s license and $50 check or exact cash.
- Background checks and Pupil Activity Permits, Licenses, or Certifications must be provided to the district prior to working with students.
PERSONNEL FILE ITEMS
- Transcripts-ALL transcripts from universities from your Bachelor’s, Master’s, and post Master’s coursework must be provided to the Board Office.
- Professional Licensure- A copy of all certified, active teaching license(s) provided by the Ohio Department of Education is required.
- Continuing Contract- If you were issued a Continuing Contract by a previous State of Ohio public school district, this must be provided to the district.
- Employee Verification- This form must be returned to the Board Office in person only. This form verifies transferral of accumulated sick leave to Deer Park from another school district.
- District Email Account- Each employee will be setup with a district email account. You will be notified when your account is setup and ready to access. Please reach out to Jennie Cunningham at email@example.com to confirm or troubleshoot any issues with your district email account.
The Board Office will create your Final Forms account and you will be notified via email to complete Emergency Medical Authorization and other required documents that require a signature. All licensure will be kept in the personnel files and also Final Forms. Final Forms will notify you when any licensure/background checks/certifications are close to expiring.
The above paperwork/requirements is to be returned to the Board of Education Office
PAYROLL- TREASURER’S OFFICE
Missy Fischer, Payroll Specialist
- W4- Complete and Return for Federal Income Tax withholding.
- IT-4- Complete and Return for state income tax withholding .
- Form SAA-1945- Must be filled out by all employees working under SERS or STRS
- STRS Form- All teachers and administrators in the State of Ohio are required to belong to the State Teachers Retirement System. If you are a retired teacher or administrator returning to work, please complete the Rehired Retiree form rather than the standard membership form. Beginning in 2016- 2017, the employee pays 14% of their gross earnings and the Board of Education pays 14% on the employee’s gross earnings. This form must be completed even if you are already a member of STRS in another school district. Both forms must be completed and signed. PLEASE NOTE THE STRS RETIREMENT AMOUNT DEDUCTED FROM YOUR PAYCHECK IS NOT TAXED. **NOTE: The district does not withhold FICA/Social Security as we are not required to when the employer/employee is contributing to STRS.
- City Tax- Complete and return so the appropriate city income taxes are withheld.
- I-9 Form- Complete thru the signature line marked. You can find a full list of the Instructions for the Form I-9 HERE.
- Direct Deposit- Please provide a check with this paperwork with “Void” written.
The above paperwork is to be returned to the Treasurer’s Office
Please contact Missy Fischer to schedule a time to drop off your payroll packet!