Extended Remote Learning
As you know, we will continue our remote learning model through the end of the 1st semester. In case you missed it, here is a link to the message that was sent out yesterday.
This means that we will have our last two weeks of the 2nd quarter as continued remote learning models. Here is a link to an updated schedule for these weeks.
Thank you for your continued flexibility and efforts to help your student be as successful as possible. We want to continue to work together with families to help as much as possible as well, so please feel free to reach out to teachers, counselors, and administrators with any questions. And, as we've said before, together "We Got This!"
Principal, Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
Students' Elective Classes Grades: We appreciate all of our students' and families' efforts to continue the dedication to remote learning. Things have continued to go very well, all things considered, in our remote learning.
One thing we want to be sure and bring to all of our parents'/caretakers' attention is the need to also make sure our students are attending to their elective classes. We know that the "core classes" are often given priority. However, we also have a large number of students who have fallen behind or not consistently "attending" their elective classes. Please encourage your students to stay on top of these classes as well. Please also feel free to teach out your student's elective teachers as well with any questions.
End of Course Exams: The high school will still be consucting End Of Course Exam retakes next week! For our students taking these, please remember to bring your fully-charged Chromebook AND a set of headphones. Students, please remember to arrive a the front entrance by 8:15 a.m. Upon completion of the exams, students will be dismissed from school.
Mobile Dentist Update for Jr/Sr High School: Our Mobile Dentist Smile Program for the Junior/Senior High School has been moved to February 2nd and 4th. For more information, please see this link.
Tech Help?: Need some help with your students' Chromebook? If you have any tech issues, please email our Tech department at: email@example.com
Some families may be having internet connectivity issues. If so, here is a link to some possible troubleshooting tips!
COUNSELOR'S CORNER: Here is a link to this week's Counselors' Corner!
COUNSELORS' CORNER, VIRTUAL EDITION: Our counselors have created a special Counselors' Corner for our virtual students. Please click here for that version!
APEX LEARNER, EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Please see the links below for the weekly activities for our online students:
Remote Learning Orientation and Video
Middle School Links and Extra Activities
High School Links and Extra Activities
Suggestions for Remote Learners & Families
1. Establish a Daily Schedule: Set alarms/reminders using phones and calendar reminders to ensure that students are logging on at the start of each class. Use the Schoology App or a Google Calendar App to help set these reminders.
2. Establish a Location: As best as possible, find a comfortable, consistent, and quiet location to help maintain focus throughout the day.
3. Establish Healthy Habits: Have a snack in between classes, eat breakfast, and maintain consistent sleeping routines. While it can be tempting to stay up late, remember that students will still need to be attending classes each day from 8:10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4. Establish Check-Ins: Without being in person, it may be easier for students to fall behind or forget assignments. Use Schoology, calendars, and even good old fashioned paper and pencil to keep track of assignments and due dates. Be sure to check every few days to ensure that students are staying up to date, and parents/caretakers should ALWAYS feel free to reach out to teachers with any questions.
In Case You Missed It
No 1st Semester High School Exams: As you know, we have had to miss A LOT of in-person instruction so far this school year. Therefore, high school-leveled classes are NOT going to take 1st semester exams this year. Instead, we will continue our regular instructional days December 14th through December 17th. Please remember that December 18th is now a full teacher-workday (no students in the building).
2020 HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE: With the leaves beginning to change, we’re reminded that the holidays will be here before we know it. If you and your family are in need of assistance this holiday season, fill out a Holiday Food Drive form. All the buildings have forms available and the forms were also sent home with students. More information can be found HERE.
FREE MEALS OFFERED BY DEER PARK BRANCH OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY LIBRARY: For more information, please click here!
REMOTE LEARNERS MATH ASSISTANCE: High School math teachers will continue to be available to assist our remote learners. Math Homework/Help Club is held every day after school, and the schedule is below. If a student is interested in getting help with online math, please contact the teacher below based off availability. The teachers can then work with students to set up remote learning assistance:
Monday: Mr. Marsh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday: Ms. Deller: email@example.com
Wednesday: Mr. Benjamin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday: Mr. Gabbard: email@example.com
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR ART, ESSAY, AND MEDIA CONTEST: The Ohio Civil Rights Commission is pleased to announce its annual statewide Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Art, Essay & Multimedia Contest. This contest is intended to encourage students to reflect upon Dr. King’s life, philosophy, and impact on the Civil Rights Movement and present day America. It is meant to challenge students to think about how civil rights and diversity affect their lives and how they can continue the work of Dr. King in their own way. Submissions are due by December 21st, and for more information, please see this link.
LOOKING FOR PREVIOUS WILDCAT WEEKLY EMAILS?
Wildcat Weekly are posted on the Deer Park Schools News webpage. Here is a link to our District News Page.
Upcoming Dates to Know
December 17th: Last day of the 2nd quarter
December 18th: Teacher Workday (No students)
December 21st through January 1st: Winter Break (No school)
January 4th: First day of the 3rd quarter
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School