Multiple Calendar Updates
For this week, I want to make sure you our families have the updates needed. Many of these items have already been communicated from our district, and please see the "What's New" section for more details. Overall:
- Thursday, February 11th: Full Virtual Learning Day
- Tuesday, February 23rd: ACT Testing Day - Late Start for 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students
- Thursday, March 4th: No longer a conference day, In-person learning day
- Friday, March 5th: No longer a conference day, In-person learning day
- Wednesday, March 10th: Last day of 3rd quarter for students (Full Day)
- Thursday, March 11th: Conference Day (1:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Friday, March 12th: No School
For a press release with more information about changing these schedules, please see this link.
Additionally, conference sign-up information will be sent out next week. Have a great week!
Principal, Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
ACT SCHEDULE: FEBRUARY 23RD
Our juniors will take the ACT on Tuesday, February 23rd. To help accommodate for the number of teacher proctors needed this year, we are going to have our 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students have a late start that day. All 7th and 8th graders will come to school as normal that day. A couple other details:
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will be let into the building at 11:55 a.m.
- Students with 5A lunch will report to lunch, students with 5B lunch will report to class and then to lunch at 12:22 p.m. (your child should know which lunch he/she/they have)
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will follow their daily schedule as a virtual learning day that day. These students should be using Schoology to log in and find their teachers' assignments for that morning. Here is a link to our daily bell schedule.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR REMOTE LEARNING ACADEMY (RLA) STUDENTS
Middle school students (grades 6-8): If you would like to work with a high school tutor, please come to Wednesday Help Sessions from 9:50-10:30 by scrolling down to Wednesday's activities and clicking on the link in the Middle School Links and Extra Activities. Find out who the tutors are by watching their videos here: Meet the High School Tutors. These videos are also posted in BAND and in the "Middle School Links and Extra Activities."
Need some help with your students' Chromebook? If you have any tech issues, please email our Tech department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some families may be having internet connectivity issues. If so, here is a link to some possible troubleshooting tips!
COUNSELOR'S CORNER: Here is a link to this week's Counselors' Corner!
COUNSELORS' CORNER, VIRTUAL EDITION: Our counselors have created a special Counselors' Corner for our virtual students. Please click here for that version!
APEX LEARNER, EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Please see the links below for the weekly activities for our online students:
Remote Learning Orientation and Video
Middle School Links and Extra Activities
High School Links and Extra Activities
In Case You Missed It
LOOKING FOR PREVIOUS WILDCAT WEEKLY EMAILS?
Wildcat Weekly are posted on the Deer Park Schools News webpage. Here is a link to our District News Page.
Upcoming Dates to Know
February 11th: Virtual Learning Day for Students
February 15th: President's Day (No School)
February 23rd: ACT for Juniors
March 4th/5th: In-Person Learning Days for Students
March 11th: Conference Day (No School for Students)
March 12th: No School for Students
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School