Thank You and Weekly Updates
We want to thank you for your continued support and flexibility with our schedules over the last week and for future weeks.
As a case in point, please remember that this coming Tuesday is scheduled to be an in-person learning day. This was originally scheduled as a teacher in-service day but was updated earlier this school year. For a link to the updated calendar, please see this link. That being said, we also know that there is the possibility of inclement weather over the next couple of days, so please stay tuned!
As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Principal, Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
CLUB PICTURE DAY AND 2019-2020 YEARBOOK UPDATE
This coming Tuesday, February 16th is scheduled to be our club picture day.
We are continuing to work with LifeTouch for our 2019-2020 yearbooks. While the Covid-19 pandemic has slowed down their production for various reasons, we are also experiencing some shipping issues. Unfortunately, we have not yet received the yearbooks in an acceptable condition. We hope to get the correct copies in acceptable condition as soon as possible, and we will keep families posted as much as possible.
MOBILE DENTIST UPDATE
Our mobile dentist will now be on campus next week on Thursday, February 18th.
CONFERENCE TIME UPDATE
Conferences that have been rescheduled for March 11th will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Look for conference sign-ups in next week's Weekly Memo!
Need some help with your students' Chromebook? If you have any tech issues, please email our Tech department at: email@example.com
Some families may be having internet connectivity issues. If so, here is a link to some possible troubleshooting tips!
COUNSELOR'S CORNER: Here is a link to this week's Counselors' Corner!
COUNSELORS' CORNER, VIRTUAL EDITION: Our counselors have created a special Counselors' Corner for our virtual students. Please click here for that version!
APEX LEARNER, EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Please see the links below for the weekly activities for our online students:
Remote Learning Orientation and Video
Middle School Links and Extra Activities
High School Links and Extra Activities
In Case You Missed It
ACT SCHEDULE: FEBRUARY 23RD
Our juniors will take the ACT on Tuesday, February 23rd. To help accommodate for the number of teacher proctors needed this year, we are going to have our 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students have a late start that day. All 7th and 8th graders will come to school as normal that day. A couple other details:
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will be let into the building at 11:55 a.m.
- Students with 5A lunch will report to lunch, students with 5B lunch will report to class and then to lunch at 12:22 p.m. (your child should know which lunch he/she/they have)
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will follow their daily schedule as a virtual learning day that day. These students should be using Schoology to log in and find their teachers' assignments for that morning. Here is a link to our daily bell schedule.
LOOKING FOR PREVIOUS WILDCAT WEEKLY EMAILS?
Wildcat Weekly are posted on the Deer Park Schools News webpage. Here is a link to our District News Page.
Upcoming Dates to Know
February 15th: President's Day (No School)
February 23rd: ACT for Juniors (Late start for 9th, 10th, and 12th graders)
March 4th/5th: In-Person Learning Days for Students
March 11th: Conference Day (No School for Students)
March 12th: No School for Students (Teacher records day)
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School