Mr. Mark Smiley
Dear Amity Elementary Families,
We are excited to welcome all of our students and families to the new, state of the art Amity Elementary School to begin the 2018-19 school year! The new facilities are truly the ideal physical environment for our K-6 students to learn and grow each school day. Our wonderful teachers, aides, nurses, secretaries, custodians, and lunchroom staff are focused on providing an outstanding educational experience to every student that enters our doors each morning. We hope that your summer experiences have been fulfilling, leaving you re-energized and renewed for the start of a great year of learning!
Jane Tuckerman is our new specialized classroom intervention specialist serving grades 3-6. Jane is a recent graduate of the University of Cincinnati!
Amy McKnight joins the Amity staff as our new elementary counselor after 16 years of school counseling and school based therapist experience in northern Kentucky.
Allison White will be teaching 6th grade math and science. Allison has taught for five years, most recently in the Hamilton City School system.
Jason Dopp will serve as an intervention specialist at Amity. Jason is also a recent graduate of the University of Cincinnati.
Becky Geselbracht will join the Amity team as a specialized classroom intervention specialist, serving students in grades K-6. Becky brings a wealth of experience to the team, and most recently taught at Union Day School.
Arrival and Dismissal
With three new grade levels, a new main entrance, and a footprint twice the original size, we have updated our school arrival and dismissal routines. Please see the diagram and directions below in regards to our new routines to ensure a safe and efficient drop off and pick up each school day.
- 7:30 am - Breakfast, Amity Cafeteria
* Enter through the open cafeteria doors facing Linden Avenue. This drop off point only applies to students arriving at 7:30 to eat breakfast. All other drop-offs/pick-ups must follow the traffic pattern on the diagram below.
- 7:45 am - Arrival (Non-Breakfast)
- 3:10 pm - Bus/Van Riders and Walkers Dismissed
- 3:15 pm - Car Riders Dismissed
Amity Arrival and Dismissal Diagram
Drop off and Pick up locations for K-2 students will be at our new main entrance that can be accessed by pulling onto our property from Linden Ave. Please only turn right into this entrance when dropping off and picking up your children.
Drop off and Pick up locations for our 3-6 grade students can be accessed by pulling onto our property via Linden Ave. on the back side (playground side) of the building or via Beech Avenue on the front side of Amity Elementary School.
Any student that has a sibling in an older grade (eg. a 1st grade student with a 4th grade sibling) will be picked up at the location of the younger sibling.
All cars must exit our property by making a right turn only onto E-Galbraith Rd.
Students arriving for breakfast will enter the cafeteria through the Linden Ave. entrance. These will be the only students that are dropped off on Linden Ave. Following breakfast these students will be walked by a staff member to the gym for the pledge and morning announcements (grades 2-6). K-1 students will stay in the cafeteria.
Students not eating breakfast will be welcomed into the building beginning at 7:45. Students in grades 2 - 6 will report directly to their assigned areas in the gym and students in grades K & 1 will report to the cafeteria. Following the pledge and a brief morning announcement at 7:55, students will be escorted to their classrooms by their teachers.
Bus/van riders and walkers will be dismissed at 3:10. All buses are loaded on the side of the building on E. Galbraith Rd. Car Riders will be escorted by their teachers to their assigned locations at 3:15 to dismiss students to their families.
Amity will be running one shuttle bus in both the morning and afternoon. This bus will run two routes, to/from both the Holmes Building and the Howard Building. You can find an application for the shuttle bus HERE.
Class lists will be posted on Friday, August 24 at 5:00. The lists will be available in the front windows of the new main entrance to Amity Elementary.
Amity Meet and Greet
Amity’s Meet and Greet will be held on Thursday, August 30th, from 5-6 p.m. for grades K-3 and 6-7 p.m. for grades 4-6. The start of each session will begin with a short presentation in the gymnasium.
We will continue to utilize Final Forms in an effort to help simplify your life! Please login to Final Forms at https://deerpark-oh.
The Schoology Learning Management System offers a tremendous amount of information in a user friendly version. You will be able to communicate with your child’s teachers and check homework and grades through Schoology. All midterm reports will be accessed via Schoology for the 2018-19 school year.
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Amity Elementary School.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Amity Elementary for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkAmity
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools.
- E-Newsletter: Sent via e-mail.
Please mark these important dates on your calendar:
- Amity Meet and Greet: Aug. 30, 5-6 PM (K-3), 6-7 PM (4-6)
- Ribbon Cutting and Back to School Bash: Aug. 31, 10:45 AM (Ribbon Cutting), 11-1 PM (Back to School Bash)
- 1st Day of School: Sept. 4, 7:30 AM (Breakfast), 7:45 AM (No Breakfast), 8 AM-3:15 PM (School Day)
- Curriculum Night (K-3): Sept. 12, 5 PM (Kindergarten), 5:30 PM (1st Grade), 6 PM (2nd Grade), 6:30 PM (3rd Grade)
- Curriculum Night (4-6): Sept. 13, 5 PM (4th Grade), 5:30 PM (5th Grade), 6 PM (6th Grade)
- Fall Pictures: Sept. 20, Morning
I am truly looking forward to an exciting and positive school year in our brand new school building. I also look forward to working with each one of our students and their families this upcoming school year. Please enjoy the rest of your summer and if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact me at Amity Elementary.
Amity Elementary Principal
email@example.com - (513) 891-5995