High School Parents/Guardians:
This year, we are beginning our One to One student Chromebook initiative. Though these Chromebooks will be property of the school, all students will receive a Chromebook to personally use not only at school but also at home. More information can be found using this link.
On August 8th, we will host a Back to School Orientation night, where students and parents/guardians should come to receive further information and to pick up their individual Chromebooks! In addition to Chromebook pick-up, the following stations will also be at our Orientation:
- Laptops for parents to complete Final Forms. NOTE: We are asking that all students and parents complete Final Forms before receiving the student Chromebook. Final Forms must also be completed for any student to go on a field trip throughout the school year and to attend school dances. Please contact the main office (513-891-0010) with questions about Final Forms.
- Student schedule pick-up. Parent Schoology Access Codes will also be available that evening. Codes will remain the same if you have previously created an account.
- Fee payment stations. Fees may be pain online through the EZPay link (beginning August 1st) on the district website, or may be paid in person by cash or check.
- And...free Kona Ice!!! Thanks to our PTO for supporting us this evening!
- PLEASE NOTE: Some of you may have received information that school pictures will take place this evening. Pictures WILL NOT take place on August 8th, and we will provide the new date in a future letter.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 6pm-7pm: 7th and 8th grade families arrive.
- 7th Grade Families: Meet in the auditorium from 6:00-6:30; Chromebook pick-up and stations from 6:30-7:00
- 8th Grade Families: Chromebook pick-up and stations from 6:00-6:30; Meet in the auditorium from 6:30-7:00
- 7pm-8pm: 9th and 10th grade families arrive.
- 9th Grade Families: Meet in the auditorium from 7:00-7:30; Chromebook pick-up and stations from 7:30-8:00
- 10th Grade Families: Chromebook pick-up and stations from 7:00-7:30; Meet in the auditorium from 7:30-8:00
- 8pm-9pm: 11th and 12th grade families arrive.
- 11th Grade Families: Meet in the auditorium from 8:00-8:30; Chromebook pick-up and stations from 8:30-9:00
- 12th Grade Families: Chromebook pick-up and stations from 8:00-8:30; Meet in the auditorium from 8:30-9:00
Any parents of students in multiple-grade levels need only attend one session.
We are looking forward to seeing all of our students and families on Thursday, August 8!
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School Principal
Inspiring & Empowering Lifelong Success