Deer Park Jr/Sr High School Wildcat Weekly: March 19, 2023
A Message from the Principal
Hello Deer Park Families!
I hope everyone enjoyed March Madness this weekend and that your bracket is doing better than mine!!
It’s another busy week at The Park as we move closer to spring and spring break. This means we are headed down the stretch for prom and graduation. Don't forget that fees must be paid before prom and graduation happen. If you have any questions, please let us know. We hope everyone has a great week.
John Vander Meer
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School
Research tells us that students that are involved in activities outside of the classroom have a much higher percentage of graduation than students that don’t. I am happy to report that over 85% of our students are involved in athletics, performing arts including band and drama and many clubs throughout the school year. If you get a chance please let a coach, director or club sponsor know how much you appreciate the time they are spending with your kids outside of the school day. It would not happen without them.
A Great example is our Winter Guard team that practices every Saturday morning at 6 a.m. They just competed this weekend at Ryle High School. The team had to perform in a higher class due to the competition circuit moving them up 3 weeks ago. The criteria is different. The expectations are higher and the competition is tougher. I am happy to say that we all should be proud of what this Wildcat Team did!
- They improved their scores 11 points from the last competition.
- They also received a #1 Superior rating which is the highest rating class color guards can get.
Next week they will travel to The Regional Competition seeking another superior rating at that level.
Great Job Team!! We are The DP Nation!!!
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School Incentive Trips
The High School field trip to Castle Skate will be this Wednesday, March 22. Students who earned all A’s and B’s, had no more than 3 unexcused absences and zero office referrals during quarter 3, were eligible for this incentive. The PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) committee is hosting this event. Please sign your student’s permission slip and return to school by Monday, March 20.
The Junior High field trip to Castle Skate will be Wednesday, March 29. The criteria to earn this incentive was the same; all A’s and B’s, no more than 3 unexcused absences and zero office referrals during quarter 3. Please sign and return your student’s permission slip by Friday, March 24.
Check out important info from the guidance office by clicking the link below.
Please mark these important dates on your calendar:
- Baseball Home Opener vs. Winton Woods: Saturday, March 25 | Noon
- Softball Home Opener vs. Purcell Marian: Wednesday, March 29 | 5 p.m.
- DP Marching Wildcats in Opening Day Parade: Thursday, March 30
- Spring Break: April 3-7
- Junior High Run in the Park: Tuesday, April 18
- High School Run in the Park: Wednesday, April 19
- 77th Annual Parkers: Friday, April 28/Saturday, April 29, 2023
In Case You Missed It
Spring End of Course Assessments
Spring End of Course assessments are coming up soon in April, following spring break. Next week, if your high school son/daughter needs to complete any make-up assessments for graduation requirements, you will be receiving a letter in the mail. Your son/daughter will also get a hard copy of the letter from their teacher. This test retake may be in addition to any other required tests they may need to take in current classes.
More information about dates and schedules for End of Course assessments will be shared as the date gets closer. Thanks!
Student ½ Day March 30th
Have you heard? The Deer Park High School Marching Wildcats have been invited to play in the annual Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade! In an effort to provide the opportunities for students, staff, and families to be part of the festivities, we will have a half day for students and staff on Thursday, March 30. This day will operate just like an end-of-quarter half day. Please contact the front office if you have any questions regarding the half day schedule.
Math Enrichment Opportunity for Students
Parents, Check out this opportunity for FREE academic enrichment for students entering grades 3- 8 in Math, science, language arts, or social studies. The programming is provided virtually through Bowling Green State University by undergraduate and graduate students as part of their educational program. See this website link for more information.
- Need some extra math help? The math department is available for support M-W after school:
- Monday: Mr. Marsh, Rm 157
- Tuesday: Mrs. Deller, Rm 226
- Need other academic help after school? We have homework club after school M-F from 3-4 p.m. at these days/locations:
- Wednesday: Ms. Troxell, Rm 58
- Monday: Mr. Marsh, Rm 157
- Tuesday: Mrs. Deller, Rm 226
- Wednesday: Mr. Moore, Rm 155
- Thursday: Ms. Taylor, Rm 252
- Need some academic help? Morning Intervention is available all year for students to come in for extra help from teachers on Thursdays at 7:35am. Students also have a daily “extra help” bell during the day to meet with their teachers.
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the links below for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Newsletters: All parents who have completed FinalForms should receive Wildcat Weekly Newsletters. If you are not currently receiving them, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to https://www.deerparkcityschools.org/ and click on the button on the bottom of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
- Instagram: follow us at DPHS Principals
Inspiring & Empowering Lifelong Success