Deer Park Jr/Sr High School Wildcat Weekly: March 26, 2023
A Message from the Principal
Hello Deer Park Families!
We hope you are having a great weekend! There is so much going on at Deer Park Jr/Sr High School in the springtime. We are working hard to keep you up to date on everything and get the information out to you as quickly as we can. If you have questions on an event, date, deadline or anything else please don’t hesitate to give us a call (513-891-0010) or email me (email@example.com).
John Vander Meer
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School
In Mr. Tunney class this week the students covered quadratic equations. The goal of the lesson was to help students solve quadratic equations when they equal zero. The class solved the quadratic equation algebraically first, then graphically. In this specific scenario, the class factored X^2 + X - 12 = 0. Here is how Mr. Tunney helped the students to solve the equation:
Once solved (X = -4 and X = 3), Mr Tunney then demonstrates the graphing calculator on Desmos.com using the classroom's view board. When the graph was shown, the X intercepts are -4 and 3, the same answers the class got when solving algebraically. These students had great success and yes, Algebra is amazing.
Congratulations to our 3rd Quarter Honor Roll Students! Click here to see the students.
3rd Quarter Honor Roll
Spring End of Course Assessments and State Testing
Spring End of Course assessments and state testing are coming up soon in April, following spring break.
EOC Testing Schedule
ACT Boot Camp
Attention RISING juniors and seniors: would you like some extra help to prepare for the ACT? Complete this registration form for a seat to participate in the FREE ACT Bootcamp at Deer Park Jr/Sr High School, June 19th-June 21. See the registration form below for more informatIon:
ACT Bootcamp Registration
8th Grade Flower Sale
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School 7th graders have begun fundraising for their 8th grade Washington D.C. trip next year! Below is a link to purchase spring flowers and plants from Foertmeyer & Sons Greenhouse. Each purchase made will help support students in offsetting the cost of the overnight field trip!
To purchase, use the link below. All plants/flowers can be picked up on Sunday, April 23 between 1-3 p.m. or can be held for a later pickup date if necessary. Contact Katie Estep at firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule a pickup!
PTO Garage Sale
Check out important info from the guidance office by clicking the link below.
Please mark these important dates on your calendar:
- Varsity Baseball vs. Spencer Center: Monday, March 27 | 5 p.m.
- Softball Home Opener vs. Purcell Marian: Wednesday, March 29 | 5 p.m.
- Varsity Softball vs. Lockland: Thursday, March 30 | 5 p.m.
- DP Marching Wildcats in Opening Day Parade:Thursday, March 30
- Spring Break: April 3-7
- Junior High Run in the Park: Tuesday, April 18
- High School Run in the Park: Wednesday, April 19
- 77th Annual Parkers: Friday, April 28/Saturday, April 29, 2023
In Case You Missed It
Spring End of Course Assessments
Spring End of Course assessments are coming up soon in April, following spring break. Next week, if your high school son/daughter needs to complete any make-up assessments for graduation requirements, you will be receiving a letter in the mail. Your son/daughter will also get a hard copy of the letter from their teacher. This test retake may be in addition to any other required tests they may need to take in current classes.
More information about dates and schedules for End of Course assessments will be shared as the date gets closer. Thanks!
Student ½ Day March 30th
Have you heard? The Deer Park High School Marching Wildcats have been invited to play in the annual Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade! In an effort to provide the opportunities for students, staff, and families to be part of the festivities, we will have a half day for students and staff on Thursday, March 30. This day will operate just like an end-of-quarter half day. Please contact the front office if you have any questions regarding the half day schedule.
Math Enrichment Opportunity for Students
Parents, Check out this opportunity for FREE academic enrichment for students entering grades 3- 8 in Math, science, language arts, or social studies. The programming is provided virtually through Bowling Green State University by undergraduate and graduate students as part of their educational program. See this website link for more information.
- Need some extra math help? The math department is available for support M-W after school:
- Monday: Mr. Marsh, Rm 157
- Tuesday: Mrs. Deller, Rm 226
- Need other academic help after school? We have homework club after school M-F from 3-4 p.m. at these days/locations:
- Wednesday: Ms. Troxell, Rm 58
- Monday: Mr. Marsh, Rm 157
- Tuesday: Mrs. Deller, Rm 226
- Wednesday: Mr. Moore, Rm 155
- Thursday: Ms. Taylor, Rm 252
- Need some academic help? Morning Intervention is available all year for students to come in for extra help from teachers on Thursdays at 7:35am. Students also have a daily “extra help” bell during the day to meet with their teachers.
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the links below for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Newsletters: All parents who have completed FinalForms should receive Wildcat Weekly Newsletters. If you are not currently receiving them, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to https://www.deerparkcityschools.org/ and click on the button on the bottom of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
- Instagram: follow us at DPHS Principals
Inspiring & Empowering Lifelong Success